POSTPONED – NEW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED
Clann Mhic Ruairí is a Donegal family group, made up of siblings Tony (singer), Aodh (singer/guitar), Sean (singer), Dónall (singer/percussion) and Tony’s daughter Megan (piano and singer).
As a family they were raised on the Gaelic songs and stories of the Rann na Feirste Gaeltacht. Hearing their music gives the listener an insight into this rich culture which they continue to preserve. This corner of Ireland is the birth place of internationally acclaimed artists who have moulded the Irish traditional music scene since the 1970s.
Clann Mhic Ruairí have now taken up the torch in the hope of conserving and promoting this rich musical culture which lies at the core of their being.
This is the second time the affable family group has performed during Trad Week, following their sold-out performance at the RCC in 2019, and Clann Mhic Ruairí’s debut on the An Grianán Theatre stage will be one not-to-be-missed.
Supporting Clann Mhic Ruairí on the night will be Northern Irish trio, TRÚ. Dónal Kearney, Zach Trouton and Michael Mormecha are unique as artists in their own right, but their collective chemistry has been enchanting audiences with powerful storytelling and songcraft.
The trú was a mythological trio of poet-musicians in ancient Ulster. They were revered throughout Ireland, some believing their songs and stories came to them from the future. Others maintained that the trú were possessed by spirits during performance. As such, they were considered gatekeepers to the Otherworld. It’s here where the trio draw their inspiration.
From Gaelic Waulking songs and Scots lullabies to vengeful Japanese spirits and other mysterious characters, debut album ‘No Fixed Abode’ draws inspiration from centuries of folklore in Ireland, Britain and beyond. These are stories told with a contemporary voice. There is nothing traditional about TRÚ except the songs themselves.
Current guidelines for attending shows at An Grianán Theatre
- Please note that under current Covid guidelines all adults attending shows must provide proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated under 18s must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- Covid Certs and Photo ID will be checked at the front door.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please have your e-ticket downloaded to your device prior to arriving at the venue and ready on your phone for scanning. You can also present a printed copy instead if you prefer.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
NB: guidelines are subject to change at short notice.