APPLICATIONS are being sought by Donegal visual artists to avail of a fantastic opportunity to take on a paid residency in Canada next year.
Eastern Edge is seeking a visual artist living and working in Donegal to take part in paid artist residency at Eastern Edge Gallery, St John’s, Newfoundland & Labarador in 2020. Applications are open to professional visual artists working in any discipline.
This new artist exchange opportunity has been developed by Artlink, an artist-led visual arts organisation based at Fort Dunree, County Donegal, in collaboration with Eastern Edge Gallery.
The selected artist will be provided with accommodation and will be paid a residency fee of $1,750, travel of $900, speakers fee $310 and workshop fee $310/$500
Eastern Edge is nestled between the epic landscape of the Avalon peninsula and the empty horizon of the Atlantic ocean with every vantage looking towards the rest of the world.
As close to international art communities as it is to national, since 1984 Eastern Edge has bridged the Atlantic divide. As Newfoundland & Labrador’s oldest artist-run gallery, they are committed to supporting emerging creative practices, challenging the status quo, and building engaged audiences.
- Artist living and working in Donegal
- evidence of a committed artist(s) with a developed and professional approach to their work
- the ambition and experimentation inherent in the application and proposal
- proposal links in an innovative and original way to the site and surrounding areas
- clear benefits to the artist(s) practice
- engagement with and benefits to local arts community
- We are dedicated to cultural diversity in our programming, and encourage applications from artists, art collectives, and curators of diverse communities and backgrounds