The current exhibition at RCC Letterkenny is a major show called ‘Sire’ by Donegal artist Maria McKinney. For eighteen months in 2015 and 2016 Maria worked with Dovea Genetics (a bull stud with 90 bulls standing at stud producing semen in a controlled environment), quantitative geneticist Dr. Donagh Berry, Teagasc, genome biologist Prof. David MacHugh, UCD and Head of Veterinary Clinical Studies Prof. Michael Doherty, UCD to develop a body of work that explores the correlation between the predictive features of genomics in the development of beef and dairy cattle and how this might echo the prophesying function of the traditional corn dolly. Maria produced a significant body of work including sculpture, large scale photographs and video that was first exhibited at RHA Dublin in September/October 2016. Maria is from Inishowen and is currently based in Dublin. She was shortlisted for the MAC International 2014 and recently completed a residency in the UCD School of Science. Exhibition opening hours are Tuesday to Saturday 11am to 5pm (closed March 17th & 18th), admission is free and everyone is welcome.
- RESONATE: Patrick Stefan Groenland & Navá selected for RCC Residency
- Music Network announces an open call for RESONATE, six new artist residencies in venues around Ireland
- PREMIERE: Donegal & Colmcille-inspired Ryan Vail Commission
- Rachel Botha is inaugural Early-Career Curator-in-Residence
- Trad Week in Letterkenny set for June