The Donegal County Council Artists Bursaries Scheme welcomes applications from individual professional artists of all disciplines for assistance towards arts projects which are on-going or proposed. The scheme is designed to support individual artists at any stage of their career to sustain and further their practice. Bursaries of up to €1500 each may be offered under the Scheme.
The objective of the Scheme is to facilitate artists in the development or the completion of specific bodies or programmes of work. It will support artists to sustain and develop their practice through the research, design, creation and presentation of events, performances, exhibitions and other artistic projects. In particular, and with regard the current, unpredictable Covid 19 environment, the scheme is designed to assist artists to stabilize their existing activity while looking to the future.
The Scheme is funded by Donegal County Council and The Arts Council.
Who Can Apply?
The scheme is designed specifically to assist (1.) professional artists, that is, applicants who ordinarily identify themselves, and are recognized by their peers, as professional, practising artists. While their income may not derive exclusively from their artistic practice, they (2) must be able to display a reasonable track record in their particular art form. Artists making submissions under the scheme, (3.) must be either presently living and working in Donegal or, in the case of Donegal-born artists currently living and working outside of the county, they must have completed some significant work in the county, or related to the county, within the past three years.
The Scheme is Not Applicable to –
- Arts organizations or community groups.
- Individuals currently in full-time, undergraduate education or seeking support for artwork which forms part of undergraduate studies.
- Proposals that are partly or wholly devoted towards charity or fundraising purposes.
- Proposals for the purchase of technical equipment, musical instruments etc., unless such purchase is essential for the continuation of the applicant’s practice or is less than the long-term hire cost of same.
- Proposals in respect of capital or building projects.
- Activity or costs that do not align with the purpose of the Bursary scheme.
Criteria for Assessment.
- Strength of the artist’s professional qualifications and track record of work to-date. (30%)
- Creative and artistic strength of the project or practice. (30%)
- Strength and viability of planning – including projected budgets – of the artist to deliver the project or activity. (30%)
- Quality of supporting documentation (10%)
Completed Applications to the Donegal Country Council Artists Bursaries Scheme 2022 must be received at E: email@example.com by Close of Business, 4.30pm on Friday, September 16, 2022.
Late Applications will not be accepted and will not go forward for assessment.
The decision of the Artists Bursaries Scheme Selection Panel will be final.